Thursday, May 20, 2010

Has anyone used Instant Flower Garden?

I'm wanting to spruce up the yard of the house we are renting. I don't want to spend a ton of money on perrenials and annuals that have already grown, so I started with one ring around a tree in the yard with just seeds and it's working great. Problem is- I live out in the middle of nowhere and can't find any seeds anymore, everyone's sold out of just about everything except herbs. So I was wondering if anyone here has every used Instant Flower Garden, and what were their experiences with it?

Has anyone used Instant Flower Garden?
I tried using one once and had only marginal success. All the seeds are strewn all over the top of the sheet and you have no idea what is what. Some of the stuff grew but it sure never looked like the picture on the box. I think you need to make sure they remain moist (not soaking wet) at all times and that they get plenty of sun. I don't know where you live but I live in Wisconsin and it would be awfully late to be starting out with seeds. Give it a try. In general the Instant Flower Gardens are cheap to buy.
Reply:If you are talking about those green sheets that can be cut to size, they do not work. I tried them in my garden one year. I followed instructions carefully, and nothing happened. I suggest looking for seeds for next season.


Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment