Saturday, November 19, 2011

I want an English Garden, I love roses and flowers, any way I could do it on my own??

I haven't had much luck so far, my flowers gro crazy and grow every which way? I have a big old house and yard, how much do landscapers charge?

I want an English Garden, I love roses and flowers, any way I could do it on my own??
Sure you can create your own English Garden. The fun is in experimenting with different flowers %26amp; seeing what "takes." An English Garden is really a work in progress, %26amp; should be an exciting adventure. Start with easy, care-free plants like Day Lilies %26amp; Black Eyed Susans for sunny spots %26amp; Bleeding Hearts for shady areas.


Buying at a discount helps make it easier to experiment. Earlier this year, I found roses at Wal Mart at half price of their sale price (less than $4 each) %26amp; they're still blooming. Home Depot has sales on perennials now for $1.99 starters to $3.33 med. Also try growing plants like Forget-me-nots %26amp; Columbine that are easily grown from seeds.


Don't be afraid to separate %26amp; move plants around. If you think that some are too large for an area, try placing them behind smaller, bushier plants. That could help support them, %26amp; make them appear neater. It's all about making a cozy, enjoyable space that expresses your personality. When you finally see your garden coming together...that will be your greatest source of satisfaction...You did it yourself! Just start small %26amp; keep adding new finds to the garden. You'll be amazed how it'll grow, literally.





Here's an article on how someone else started her English Garden:


http://cbs2chicago.com/growyourgarden/lo...


I hope you enjoy watching the video %26amp; get some ideas from it, too. (I had to click both "Wild English Garden Blooms In Evanston Yard" %26amp; "Click to Play video" )
Reply:English gardens are supposed to be a little messy, you let things self seed and not worry too much. Buy small plants and space them then let them grow and self seed. Use old fashion plants too. Hollyhocks, delphinium, cosmos lots of bright colours, have fun. I am a landscape designer, I chage $50 for a 2hour consultation but much more for a design, It is a lot of work to measure the yard and choose plants for your area and soil type and so that you have things in bloom at all times. It can cost anywhere from $500 to no limit depending on the complexity and the size of the yard as well as how much work you want done (for example is it just for the design or do you want it installed too)

rain roots

No comments:

Post a Comment