Monday, May 11, 2009

What flowers ad garden plants poison the ground around them for other plants?

Hmmm....I've never personally had any trouble with the dusty miller being poisonous....I use them every year in my landscape and in our mixed planters at my nursery. Interesting.





One that I know of that is poisonous is the Sunflower. You more than likely won't be able to grow other flowers successfully around them. They aren't poisonous to us or the animals however.

What flowers ad garden plants poison the ground around them for other plants?
Dusty Millers. Only after they die off in the winter. When this happens you have to get the roots out right away.
Reply:Black walnut trees. That's the only one I know of for sure.





Asparagus will tolerate salt (as it is indigenously a marsh plant) but other plants will not. Some people have been known to sprinkle rock salt every year on their asparagus beds.

Broken Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment